Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Goken America is an Engineering Services and Product Development company founded in 2004. At Goken America we strive to expand and deliver upon our company motto of “Creating Something Different”. We are continually striving to strengthen our organization, and are always seeking talented individuals who have a strong desire to work in an environment where they can make a difference.
Our “Vision” is to empower our associates to affect change wherever change is needed. Our “Mission” is that in building trust we foster greatness is our people, excellence in our clients and impact in our communities.
Goken America provides an excellent benefits package, one month of paid time off per year and a very competitive compensation plan. In addition, when applicable, we will also provide relocation assistance, temporary housing, visa support and other fringe benefits.
Essential Duties: (This list is not exhaustive and other duties may be assigned)
• Speak, read, and write fluently in Japanese and English.
• Convert high-level documents in the source language to the target language.
• Relay the style and tone of the original language.
• Manage work schedule to meet deadlines.
• Perform interpretation as needed.
• Basic understanding of Honda culture and communication style a plus
• Know how to use machine translation software a plus.
• Knowledge of desktop publishing (DTP) a plus.
• Language proficiency certification a plus, but not required.
This is a largely sedentary role. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Goken America is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, sex, disability, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.