Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Goken America is an Engineering Services and Product Development company founded in 2004. At Goken America we strive to expand and deliver upon our company motto of “Creating Something Different”. We are continually striving to strengthen our organization, and are always seeking talented individuals who have a strong desire to work in an environment where they can make a difference.
Our “Vision” is to empower our associates to affect change wherever change is needed. Our “Mission” is that in building trust we foster greatness is our people, excellence in our clients and impact in our communities.
Goken America provides an excellent benefits package, one month of paid time off per year and a very competitive compensation plan. In addition, when applicable, we will also provide relocation assistance, temporary housing, visa support and other fringe benefits.
Essential Duties: (This list is not exhaustive and other duties may be assigned)
• Responsible for converting spoken statements or written material from Japanese to English or English to Japanese in a meeting and office environment setting.
• Speech interpretation may involve listening to, understanding and memorizing content, then reproducing statements, questions and speeches in Japanese and/or English.
• Written materials primarily include technical, administrative and presentation documents.
• Ability to provide quality simultaneous interpretation J to E and E to J would preferred, but at a minimum needs to be able to provide quality consecutive interpretation in both J to E and E to J.
• Skilled in document translation in both J to E and E to J.
• Perform translation as needed.
• BA or MA in Foreign Language, Linguistics, Translation, Interpreting or native in both English and Japanese.
• 6-10 years relevant experience required.
• If a candidate has native level of fluency in both English and Japanese, preferably he or she has BA or BS in degrees related to automotive, life science, medical, business, public relations, or IT field.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
• Language proficiency certification a plus, but not required.
• Knowledge of desktop publishing (DP) or use machine translation software a plus.
This is a largely sedentary role. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Goken America is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered
without regard to race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, sex, disability,
citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law