Goken America is an Engineering Services and Product Development company founded in 2004. At Goken America we strive to expand and deliver upon our company motto of “Creating Something Different”. We are continually striving to strengthen our organization, and are always seeking talented individuals who have a strong desire to work in an environment where they can make a difference.
Our “Vision” is to empower our associates to affect change wherever change is needed. Our “Mission” is that in building trust we foster greatness is our people, excellence in our clients and impact in our communities.
Goken America provides an excellent benefits package, one month of paid time off per year and a very competitive compensation plan. In addition, when applicable, we will also provide relocation assistance, temporary housing, visa support and other fringe benefits.
This role will support engineering design and development activities.
Essential Duties: (This list is not exhaustive and other duties may be assigned)
• Lead and support the engineering activities for large scale product development programs by investigating feasibility, performing design using 3-D modeling software, conduct layout review and 2D drawing creation.
• Analyze and resolve complex problems independently or with minimal guidance.
• Create part specification requirements and BOM.
• Negotiate with surrounding component business units and suppliers.
• Perform cost analysis, strength calculations and material selection.
• Use best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve product and/or processes.
• Search new ways to increase overall efficiency, utilize up-to-date technology, and reduce design and parts costs.
Travel to client sites required.
5 Years of experience
Experience with trim parts (including injection molding, forming, soft trim, and assembly).highy preferred.
Strong CATIA 3D ( surf/solid) modeling skills.
Stron 2D sec;tion and drawing capability.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Goken America is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, sex, disability, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.